Apart from visiting the diverse local vineyards for which this region is renowned, you may:
- Go bike riding – Bring your bike & explore the interesting tracks throughout Pyrenees Ranges – free maps available from reception.
- Play a round of golf – use our clubs or bring your own.
- Go bushwalking – numerous beautiful walking tracks throughout the Pyrenees Ranges, State Forest & locally.
- Try your hand at gold prospecting – renowned areas from St Arnaud to Lamplough, and locally … if you’re feelin’ lucky!
- Take a scenic drive and visit the many early settlers’ townships.
- Visit the local markets
» Avoca Riverside Market – 4th. Sunday of the month.
» Talbot Farmers Market – 3rd Sunday of the month.
» Beaufort – 1st Saturday of the month
- Visit the Talbot Observatory – see the stars and planets up close – guided tour includes a 1 hour Powerpoint presentation.
- Play tennis at the recreation reserve.
- Play Petanque in the main street median or on the club piste at the Rec. Reserve
- Play a game of bowls on the Avoca greens
- Research your family history at the Avoca Historical Society
- Photograph old township buildings
- Take your kids to the Riverside Children’s playground and BMX / skateboard park.
- Browse at the Avoca antique shops, art galleries and specialty shops
- Take a dive in the Avoca outdoor swimming pools, open throughout Summer
- Try the fine dining, wining and coffee shops
- Relax and enjoy the fresh air!
- Take a walk through the magnificent Chinese Gardens